Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Surgery status

On Friday, I went in for the surgery to repair my fractured clavicle. The surgery went perfectly and I was home clutching my bottle of Percocet by about three o'clock in the afternoon. As I think I mentioned in an earlier post, they had to put in a plate with screws to ensure that the break healed correctly. In three months I will have to go in again and have the plate removed. However, that procedure will be a whole lot simpler than the initial surgery.

I am still taking Percocet to keep the pain level in check. I have been able to ratchet back my consumption but I still definitely need to pop one of the pills when the pain starts really throbbing. As you might guess, I am watching a ton of television while sprawled out on the living room couch. I have been concentrating on "The Americans" and am about three episodes shy of completing season 2. I have also been watching a lot of the French Open tennis tournament, which has been excellent.

I am hoping to turn the corner in the next day or so. Wish me luck.


2 comments:

Stallion said...

Tommy,
Glad to hear that things went well in surgery. Let me know when you feel up to a lunch. I could come by and pick you up.
All the best,
Stallion

Lally said...

I broke my clavicle in a fight when I was fifteen and for years could tell when rain was coming. Sorry I didn't hear of this sooner but hope the recovery will be swift and complete brother.