Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Surgery status

On Friday, I went in for the surgery to repair my fractured clavicle. The surgery went perfectly and I was home clutching my bottle of Percocet by about three o'clock in the afternoon. As I think I mentioned in an earlier post, they had to put in a plate with screws to ensure that the break healed correctly. In three months I will have to go in again and have the plate removed. However, that procedure will be a whole lot simpler than the initial surgery.

I am still taking Percocet to keep the pain level in check. I have been able to ratchet back my consumption but I still definitely need to pop one of the pills when the pain starts really throbbing. As you might guess, I am watching a ton of television while sprawled out on the living room couch. I have been concentrating on "The Americans" and am about three episodes shy of completing season 2. I have also been watching a lot of the French Open tennis tournament, which has been excellent.

I am hoping to turn the corner in the next day or so. Wish me luck.


Stallion said...

Glad to hear that things went well in surgery. Let me know when you feel up to a lunch. I could come by and pick you up.
All the best,

Lally said...

I broke my clavicle in a fight when I was fifteen and for years could tell when rain was coming. Sorry I didn't hear of this sooner but hope the recovery will be swift and complete brother.