Thursday, June 19, 2014

Another movie list

I really like lists of movies, books, or music that are based upon a theme conjured up by their creators.  I like them even if I disagree with some of the inclusions or fume over the omissions.  I also enjoy them because they often make me aware of content I have not yet seen or heard.  I just stumbled across a list titled "25 Spectacular Movies You (Probably) Haven't Seen."  It turns out I have probably seen about half of them and I'm going to try to see the one's I have missed out on.  I can say that I have enjoyed all of the one's I have seen (of course "The Big Lebowski" had to be included).  For example, I still dig "Waking Life," which some of my friends just don't get.  And, I dig "Kung Fu Hustle," which it seems none of my friends have seen, but which I find to be insanely funny and entertaining.  And, I always recommend "Downfall" if only to alert folks to the epic performance turned in by Bruno Ganz playing Hitler in the final days.  For a taste of the latter check this out.  Be sure to click on the little "cc" button at bottom right to get the subtitles.

So by all means check out this interesting list.

2 comments:

L. Weiler said...

So, actually there are something like 75 movies on the three lists combined, of which I have seen about 20 - and mostly agree with the compiler/author. I disagree in a major way about Drive, which was terrible, but the rest that I've seen on his lists are somewhere between interesting and terrific. So, like you, I'm going to add a bunch of these to my "to see" list.

Lally said...

did I tell you that my compulsion to constantly make lists disappeared after my brain operation? My interest in reading lists by others as well, though I pushed myself to do it for one of my oldest friends and got through the whole first part but could only get partly into the second. Of the flicks on the first one which I've seen, I have to agree, mostly unrecognized gems...or relatively unrecognized...