Monday, March 10, 2008

Prick up your ears, installment 7 - Little Big Town

Somewhere a while back I read a review of an album called "A Place to Land" by a group I had never heard, or heard of: Little Big Town. The review was one of those five star deals and it got me interested so I downloaded the album from Rhapsody to my MP3 player and checked it out. I love this group. Two guys and two girls, singing in wonderful harmony, with very strong song-writing. Great instrumental support, and top-notch engineering. I guarantee that you will like this album if you are anywhere near my wavelength.

Here is the chorus from a kick-ass track called Novocaine:

I'll take your wrong and make it right
I'll take your load and make it light
I'll dry your eyes and you can bet
Any hurt that you remember gonna help you forget
Make you numb to the pain
I'll be your Novocaine.

Here is an excellent Allmusic review of the album

And, the Allmusic reviews give you a 30 second excerpt of all the tracks!

Tom says, check it out!

No comments: