Thursday, December 20, 2007

There is no way I could have said this better...

Those who have been reading this blog know that I prize and admire good writing. Here is some of the best writing I have seen in a while on a subject that is of great concern to me. The writing is cogent, powerful, grammatically perfect, and impassioned. Please read it -- it's not that long. But here is a teaser:

Evangelical influence is all over the election of 2008. The debates are laden with questions about candidates' favorite Bible verses or how often and heartily they pray. The thought that a grown person -- the leader of the free world -- would actually sit down and hear voices to guide him in major decisions is blood-curdling mad. Listen to John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, or any of the other candidates and you'll hear a group of seemingly intelligent people sounding silly in order to placate lunacy. I'd like to hear a debate where the candidates are asked how quickly they are going to eliminate Bush's trash legislation called "the faith-based initiative.

"Placating lunacy" is my new watch phrase -- utterly brilliant.

~ tom of assisi




No comments: