Saturday, December 31, 2011

An interesting top ten best albums list

I ran across this top ten list today.  It made me realize that I am keeping up with music less than I used to.  In the past, I would have heard a lot of the albums on the list, and probably owned a couple.  Not so with this list:

  • Miles “Live in Europe ‘67:  Read reviews, but have not listened to it yet on Rhapsody.
  • Jarrett:  Didn’t know anything about it.
  • Raphael Saadiq:  Have one of his albums in my Rhapsody library, but did not know this one had been released.
  • Ambrose Akinmusire:  This one interests me a lot.  I have read several reviews of this album, all of which were flat-out raves.  Gonna download it to my Rhapsody library ASAP.
  • Black Keys:  I have listened to some of their stuff but have not really gotten into them as much as other bands of the same ilk.  I’ll get around to giving this one a listen.
  • PJ Harvey: I’ve read a lot of reviews of this one, all very positive.  I’ve not been a big fan in the past, but maybe this will get me on board.  Gonna check it out on Rhapsody.
  • Saturn Never Sleeps:  Never even heard of this group.  Obviously, I will check them out.
  • Mason Jennings:  Never heard of this guy either.  Ditto on checking him out.
  • The Kills:  Heard of them but never listened to them.  Another one to check out on Rhapsody.
  • North Mississippi Allstars:  Oh my, another group I have never heard of. 

You get the picture.  I’m really getting out of touch.  The joys of aging and slipping into curmudgeonhood.

~ Tom

1 comment:

Lally said...

I hear you brother. Don't know half those titles either.