Friday, December 23, 2011

Homeland: Outstanding!

Last night we got around to watching the season finale of “Homeland,” which I had recorded on Sunday. The finale was one of the most tense, exciting drama’s I’ve ever seen on TV. If you have not been able to see Homeland, you should purchase or rent the DVD when it is released – or maybe you can check it out “on-demand” on Showtime.

I won’t even hint at what went on in the finale, because spoilers would be terribly unwelcome for this one. Suffice it to say that I was on the edge of my seat through the whole 90 minutes (gloriously commercial-free on Showtime), hardly able to breathe in a couple of scenes. I was still thinking about it this morning.

This series cements my belief that Claire Danes is one of the top two or three female lead actors working today. To sustain what she did over 12 episodes in which she was the focal point was an amazing feat. And Damian Lewis, while terrific throughout, was especially riveting in the finale. The rest of the casting is pitch-perfect. The writing, direction and production value are superb, again especially so in the finale.

In reading all of the “Best of 2011” lists published in the various magazines or Internet content that I read, I have not found even one that does not list “Homeland” as in the top 10 TV shows.

Simply put, Tom says five out of five stars! You gotta see it.

1 comment: