Friday, March 30, 2012

Rachel and Terry -

I am a big fan of Terry Gross and her “Fresh Air” program on PBS.  She is one of the best interviewer’s I have ever heard.  Often I listen to podcasts of Fresh Air episodes while I am out walking my dog.  The one I listened to today was probably the best one I have heard so far:  Rachel Maddow.

I cannot describe what sheer joy it was to experience two of the finest minds on the planet engaging in a dialect that was uncommonly intelligent and interesting.  Every once in a while I hear or see something the rises above our dumbed-down and polarized society, and it lifts me from my simmering despair.  Fortunately for you, I downloaded this wonderful podcast, which you can listen to right here!  I know it will take 45 minutes of your time, but you won’t regret it. 

~ Tom

1 comment:

Lally said...

Thanks for posting this brother. I sometimes have criticisms of Terri Gross's interview approaches, but am always grateful for her show anyway, and I love Rachel Maddow's clarity, fairness and almost always unassailable logic and reason and fact checking.