Sunday, March 25, 2012

LOTR orgy

Eileen has been in Palm Springs since Friday at a conference.  So, I took the opportunity to watch the entire Blu-Ray extended version of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on our 50” flat screen.  A mere 14 hours or so.  It was raining all weekend, so it was a perfect thing to do. 

I purchased the boxed set using a gift certificate that my son gave me for Christmas.  The reviews of this collection have been fantastic, with pretty much everyone raving over the additional content added to each of the films.  The characters become much more complex and the plot and story are enriched greatly.  The Fellowship of the Ring gets an additional 30 minutes;  The Two Towers gets an additional 43 minutes; The Return of the King gets a whopping 50 new minutes.

Each of the movies takes up two Blu-Rays because they would have had to compress the content to fit it all on one disc, which would have decreased the overall quality.  And, each movie has three additional discs with special features, all of which total 26 hours!  So, all in all you get 15 discs! 

I just finished my marathon a couple of hours ago.  It was awesome.  What a masterpiece.  It’s almost impossible for me to figure out how they did all that stuff and made it look so real and believable.  I’m looking forward to watching some of the special features discs to find out, but right now I am definitely “LOTR’ed” out.

No comments: