Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eagles

On our recent trip we went on a picnic with my daughter and the grandkids out on Puget Sound.  While there we noticed a pair of bald eagles who had a nest far up in the trees.  They were quite a distance off, but I did have a 300mm telephoto lens so I gave it a shot in hopes that something would turn out.  Here is the basic  picture taken with the 300mm lens.  Click on the picture and you can see the pair of eagles if you look closely.

Eagles

Now here is a blow up of the part of the photo with the eagles.

EaglesZoom

Aren’t they magnificent?

Later, one of them took off and I was lucky enough to catch it.  Here is the basic shot taken with the 300mm lens.  Click the picture and you will see the bird taking off.

EagleFlight

Finally, here is a blow up of the flyer.

EagleFlightZoon

A day I will never forget.

1 comment:

Lally said...

Tom, great shots. The first three didn't show up for me but the blow ups did when I clicked. But that last close up of one in flight is awe inspiring.