Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ski day!

We've been up at our Tahoe/Donner place since Thursday night. We are up for the whole week. We've skied every day. Today we woke up to find that Truckee had broken the record for the lowest temperature on March 10: -2 degrees. That broke the record of -1, set in 1951. Needless to say, we waited a while to begin skiing today until it warmed up. But it was worth it. I never skied a day in my life until I was nearly 50, but I am so grateful that I got in on it when I did. Today it was crystal clear, with lots of new snow. The views were just amazing at Squaw Valley, USA. We took a couple of shots at the top of the Siberia run. Hope you enjoy them.



Eileen at the top of the Siberia run. Note the dude on the left contemplating the very steep drop-off that we skied right after we took these pictures.


The old man of the mountain! Note Lake Tahoe back there above my left hand.

2 comments:

Lally said...

Man, I envy you the views, the physical rush, the boldness of the commitment and the gratification of success doing it. I've taken other kinds of chances with equally risky odds and/or consequences, but at this stage, I mostly take them on the keyboard.
Lal

Anonymous said...

You and Eileen are total studs....great pics....what is our pal sepnser doling all day long????

Gretchen