Monday, November 16, 2015

Daryl's house is a very, very, very fine house...


One of the joys of my life is discovery of new things, at least "new" to me.  Upon many such discoveries I find myself saying, how could I have gone so long without knowing about this.  But then I say, "I'm grateful to have lived long enough to discover it." Right up there at the top of my list of recent discoveries is "Live From Daryl's House," which I stumbled across surfing Palladia network on TV.  The show comes from the house of Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates fame.  For each show Daryl invites a guest (group or individual) to jam with him and other musicians Daryl recruits for a given show.  I simply love the show and I especially dig Daryl Hall, who it turns out is one hell of a musician and human being.  I cannot watch this show without feeling so happy and blessed.  If you don't have access to the Palladia network, you are not out of luck.  Fortunately most of the shows are available on YouTube.

To start you out here is a number from recent episode 71.  The guest is Kandace Springs, who I had never heard of before, and whom I now have a hopeless crush on.

Another thing I really like about the show is that Daryl does not hog the spotlight.  In fact he often just plays guitar or keyboards and does not sing.  A GREAT example of this is when Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top was the guest. Check out "La Grange," especially the "video over" near the end when Billy tells a great story about BB King.

Yet another feature I dig is that often the guest will perform a Hall & Oates tune.  One of the best of this genre was four years ago when Jimmy Wayne was the guest, singing "Sara Smile."

Finally,  You can check out a YouTube search for Daryl's House 2015 right here.

Ain't this cool!!






1 comment:

Lally said...

fantastic discovery willy...thank you brother...I loved the grange number especially, old guy still kicking' it...beautiful post...