Sunday, June 28, 2015

The President's amazing eulogy in Charleston

I watched the live broadcast of the President's eulogy given in Charleston last Friday.  My humble words can never convey or explain how moving and amazing the whole thing was.  I was welling up with tears throughout.  I am so proud of him.  Since then, I have watched it twice more, marveling over it even more.  Thus, I feel it is my duty to make it available to those of you who have not seen it yet.  Check it out by clicking right here.

My grandfather was an evangelical preacher and my mother was a child evangelist for a time and I went to church every Sunday until about 5th grade.  Thus, I am well familiar with services featuring "call and response" between preacher and congregation. The call and response between the President and the mourners was 100% real, heartfelt, and believable.  He was home and in his element.  He could have played it safe worrying about what the rest of America was going to think, but he threw caution to the winds.  Again, it was amazing, right down to "Amazing Grace."  If you have not seen it, you really, really should.

3 comments:

JIm said...

Here is another look at the amazing Obama.

Smart Diplomacy for Dummies

http://www.truthrevolt.org/videos/andrew-klavan-smart-diplomacy-dummies

Lally said...

thanks Tom, been hearing great things about this flick, I've read as many articles and books on Simone or that mention her life and music for decades now as I could find and have a lot of the details still in my head but sounds like this doc puts them together in a way that brings it all home, so I will have to borrow someone's netflix access to see it or wait for a dvd or theater showing (I'd prefer the latter)...as you might remember me telling you I used to write poems to her and send them backstage in her early years when she played The Village Gate and I was still in my teens (18 c. 1960)...but never got a reply...

Lally said...

whoops, meant that for the Nina doc