Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pandora leads to discovery of old treasures

One of the bonus benefits of music streaming services is that you hear cool things that you never heard before, or in some cases that you have heard before yet never "heard" before.  This is particularly the case with some "old" tracks that you dismissed in those old years for one reason or another.  In my case the dismissal was usually based solely on the artist's being too main-stream or in the wrong genre for my taste or my friends say it's crap, etc.

So, yesterday I was listening to Pandora on the "U2" channel I had created when a really cool tune came on, which I did not recognize, but which pretty much blew me away (headphones on and turned way up).  I rushed back to my computer to see who the group was and the name of the track.  What?? Duran Duran!  "Come Undone" recorded in 1993.  Just goes to show....

I could try to explain, but it would be simpler if I just let you hear it yourself.  Even if it turns out not to be your cup of tea, just listen to the structure, musicianship, and production quality and I think you will have to admit that it is really a terrific pop-rock tune that deserves some kudos, even if they are delayed by 23 years.  So without further ado, check it out right here.




No comments: