Monday, July 11, 2011

Prez not having fun?

I am not enjoying listening to “Green 960,” our progressive radio station for the San Francisco Bay Area.  All of their hosts (except Stephanie Miller) are piling on President Obama.  And on the TV side, Rachel is not being as kind as she used to be, and Ed Schultz is breathing fire.

I hear all this and wonder:  what exactly was he supposed to do?  Then today, I read a column by Fred Hiatt, the editorial page editor for WaPo, which sort of mirrored my thoughts.  I felt better after reading it, but I still don’t feel that good.  I am beginning to really despise the entire Republican party, especially Eric Cantor and  Mitch McConnell.  They represent everything that is making this country a mean and ugly place.  I have always been proud to be an American because on the whole we were generous, socially minded people who took care (most of the time) of those who needed a hand.  But after 8 years of Bush, and 2+ years of anti-Obama machinations, I am ashamed of what we have become, and fearful of worse things to come.

Help.  Somebody cheer me up!

1 comment:

JIm said...

Elections have consequences. The Tea Party elected the largest Republican House in 70 years on the idea of smaller government and no new taxes.

Obama ignores his own debt commission on taxes and debt. His most recent sage comment is, "Time to eat our Peas?. If the Republicans hold fast, government will be cut in August, with or without Democrats. That is part of the problem taken care of. The rest of the problem is to end Obamanomics and create a friendly business enviroment. The Simpson Bowels commission is a good starting place.