Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Prez is still my guy

My daughter's family just blew in last night from Seattle, so I am busy entertaining grandkids and the like.

However, I just saw that the Senate ratified the nuclear arms treaty 71 –26, which was negotiated by Obama.  Then I thought about Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell being thrown out by permanent legislation passed by Congress rather than a risky, non-permanent executive order, as orchestrated by Obama.  Then I thought about the first health care bill EVER getting passed, which was Obama rolling the dice big time.  Then I thought about the healthy nutrition for kids bill getting passed which was Obama and the First Lady’s doing.  Then I thought about the great credit card consumer protection bill that Obama championed.  Then I thought about all the smaller, but “good-for-our-country” bills getting enacted over the last two years, all of which were shepherded through by Obama.  Then I remembered this poster from the campaign ….. 

Chill Out

Remember that?  All the gnashing of teeth by supporters who were convinced that he was blowing his chance to get nominated by doing this or not doing that? 

I’m still on board and proud of it.

~ Tom

1 comment:

JIm said...

Obama had a good December by tacking to the right. Hopefully he will continue to tack right in the new year as Republicans/Tea Party members of congress attempt to repeal and replace much of Obamanomics and Obamacare and restore free enterprize while curtailing big government with a renewed respect for the Constitution.