Monday, December 27, 2010

The Brown Paper Bag

Saturday night’s Christmas dinner at our place was sparked with lively conversation at the table of twelve bright people, early twenties through mid sixties. As often is the case, we zeroed in on movies and TV that each of us was passionate about. The palaver circled around to “The Wire,” one of my absolutely favorite pieces of entertainment of any sort. As soon as “The Wire” was tossed into the ring, I piped up with, “do you remember Bunny’s ‘brown paper bag’ soliloquy?” One other person at the table lit up like a Christmas tree and knew exactly what I was talking about. Other people who had seen The Wire and were fans still could not quite place it. In my mind, it was one of the great moments of the series, although there were literally hundreds of great moments. But this one always sticks in by brain. So, I wondered out loud whether YouTube might have a clip of the Brown Paper Bag. Sure enough it does.

Check it out. It’s pure genius.

Happy new year…

~ Tom

1 comment:

Lally said...

brilliant. thanks for hipping me to it.