Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Take your licks! * Neil Geraldo

Hey, sorry I have not posted for a while.  I was working on a big trial brief, which consumed most of my time and wiped me out for the remainder.
Anyway, I’ve been meaning to start a new feature on the blog.  The deal is that I hear cool things in the midst of a music track, which stick in my mind and make me want to share it with friends.  So I have decided that whenever that happens I am going to engineer an excerpt of the “cool licks” and share them with all of you.
My maiden offering is the great guitar solo in Pat Benatar’s “Promises in the Dark.”  The guitarist is Neil Geraldo, who has been with Pat from her beginnings – they eventually married.   Anyway, I’m fading into the track about a minute before the solo because you need to hear how the whole thing builds up to the solo.  Then I give you a fade out at the end.  So with out further ado, Neil Geraldo’s solo in Promises in the Dark.
By the way, standing on its own as a whole, “Promises in the Dark” is one of the great rock tracks of all time.

1 comment:

Lally said...

thanks for hipping me to that