Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Heather and the Mad Men

I probably watch more television than I should, but these days it is hard not to. We have the full-blown Comcast subscription, which gives me a panoply of choices that I can never fulfill. Perhaps on a later post I will list my current weaknesses, but today, I want to laud one show, and then give huge props to the best TV critic in town.

First, the show: Mad Men. Folks, it absolutely does not get any better than this. Last night I watched my DVR’d HD version of the season finale of year three, and I was blown away. If you have not seen this show, rent the DVD’s and catch up. I guarantee that you will not regret the commitment.

But, as much as I want you all to get on the Mad Men bandwagon, the real impetus for this post is to pull all your coats to Heather Havrilesky, by far the best, (and most unknown, underrated) TV critic on today’s scene. If you do not already know about her, by all means check her out here. If you are a fan of Mad Men and have seen the season finale, go here, to see one of the most thoughtful, and cogent, ( with lots of the usual “Heather wit & elan”) reviews you will ever read.

I just love this lady.

Trust me on this one.

~ tom

1 comment:

Jesse Wilson said...

Hey Dad- nice computer! Can't wait to see it.

Yes, I caught up on Mad Men Season 2 using Netflix. I am definitely going to watch all of season 3 when it comes out on DVD.

As for shows, you should definitely check out Sons of Anarchy. I think you would like it. I missed all of Season 1 and started watching this season, but it is amazing. The guy from the Chronicle put it as the #1 show now that Mad Men is over.