Thursday, February 4, 2016

YFT - Pretenders

Another "YouTube From Tom"

I was driving around today listening to music when up popped The Pretenders performing "Middle of the Road."  It's a great song and they are a terrific band.  I have always admired their musicianship and Chrissie Hynde's singing and song-writing.  Their discography is pretty epic so it's hard to pick a favorite, but for me "Show Me" is near the top if not the top.  Remembering this I hopped on to YouTube for some "Show Me" investigation.  In presenting my final results I thought it best to give you a studio recording and a live performance.  The audio mix on the live performance is a bit muffled.  Anyway, for me the high point of "Show Me" is the insanely great little bridge, which really grooves with unexpected power.  In the studio recording it's at 2:05 and again at 3:30.  In the live performance it's at 2:10 and again at 3:04 in a little variation of the original riff. Oh, and Robbie McIntosh plays a very nifty guitar solo near the end of the live performance.

No comments: