Friday, December 18, 2015

YFT - Daryl & Smokey

More snooping around YouTube at Daryl's house revealed a session with the great Smokey Robinson.  All of the tracks on YouTube are great, but one that I really love is "I've Been Good To You." What I love along with the song is the banter and obvious joy flowing between Smokey and Daryl. I am also knocked out by Daryl's singing on this tune.  Dig especially what he lays down at about 2:08 in.  Check it out right here.  By the way, Daryl was born in 1946, which means he is now 69 years old.  How come I couldn't look like that when I turned 69?!

There is a tinge of sadness in this track, that being the prominent presence of T-Bone Wolk.  He died of a heart attack at age 58 in February of 2010.  He had worked with Daryl for 30 years. What a terrible loss for us all, but seeing him on the "Good To You" track (and many others on Daryl's House) lets him live on in our memories.  A belated R.I.P. from me.


No comments: