Saturday, December 12, 2015

YFT - Bill Evans - My Foolish Heart

I discovered jazz when I was a junior in high school.  My favorite album at that time was "Waltz For Debby" by Bill Evans (1961).  Over the years I wore out my first copy of the album and of course had to buy a new one.  It remains to this day among my top favorite jazz albums.  Later after CD's came on the scene I purchased the awesome and beautiful boxed 12 disc set of the complete Riverside recordings.  Of course the title tune of the "Waltz For Debby" album is a terrific composition of which I never tire, but for me the heart-breaker track is "My Foolish Heart."  Bill played it so movingly and yet so simply.  I know every note of that piece as it plays on the album. But for a change of pace, I found a rare video live performance which is just as beautiful as the original album version.  Enjoy it right here

1 comment:

stallion said...

Yes a truly beautiful rendition. AN interesting note:
B. Evans used to sit in when my cousin Lennie Tristano couldn't play for some reason back in the 40s.
Happy Holidays.