Friday, October 30, 2015

Fargo -- season 2

I was a huge fan of season 1 of the Fargo on the FX network.  So I was really looking forward to season 2, which has now aired 3 episodes.  I had the 3 episodes recorded on my DVR and yesterday I binge-watched them all.  What a freaking treat!!  It is at least as great as season 1, and I'm pretty sure it's going to surpass that benchmark of greatness.  Wonderful cast, yummy convoluted plot (your jaw will be dropping), and a truck-full of dark hilarity.  Man, it doesn't get much better.  I can hardly wait for the next episode to air.  (By the way, you don't need to have seen season 1 -- season 2 stands on its own.)

I tried to find a review that gives you the proper flavor of the series without a lot of spoilers:  here is a good one. (Obviously you will need to click on the "Continue reading" tab.)

If you have "on demand" capability I highly recommend a binge-watch on FX to catch up and then you can ride it to the end.  

1 comment:

Sandy H. said...

Tom, there is a book coming out in January about the real murders on which season 2 is loosely based! The title of the book is "Gitchie Girl," and is about the murder of 4 teens in Gitchie Manitou State Park and the 13-year-old girl who was the lone survivor.