Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Estuary

Gee, I just noticed that time has slipped by and I have not posted for over a week!  I did change my "current ear worm" a couple of times but that doesn't really qualify as a post.  So today I'm going to show you my estuary.  If you've been following this blog you have seen quite a few posts showing views of the San Francisco Bay, with bridges, boats, birds, and buildings on display.  These pictures were all taken after I walked a block from my house and then turned left.  But what happens if I turn right instead.  The answer is that I walk toward the Bay Farm Bridge which crosses an area where the Bay meets an estuary.  From that point there is a paved path that goes for about a mile, but the estuary goes on for quite a ways after that, toward the Oakland Airport.  So here are a couple of shots of the estuary that I took last Sunday.

 
That's the estuary on the left and the paved path on the right.  If you enlarge the photo by clicking on it you will be able to see the Oracle Arena where the Warriors NBA team calls home and just behind that you can see portions of the Oakland Coliseum where the Oakland Raiders play their home games.

 
Now this is a shot looking back toward the San Francisco Bay. You can clearly see the Bay Farm Bridge (it's a draw bridge) with the mouth of the estuary on the near side and the Bay on the far side.  

As I've said many times, I really love where I live and I'm grateful for it each and every day.

No comments: