Tuesday, November 11, 2014

In praise of "words"

I had a father who persistently yet gently corrected my grammar and use of the English language.  It sort of annoyed me at the time, but after I got to high school English and college courses that required any sort of writing, I was grateful for his guidance.  Later came law school and then teaching writing to law students.  With such a background, you can see why I came to love the language and all its twists, turns and colloquialisms.  Thus, I was totally taken with this homage to language, which also soundly rejects those who have become self-styled language policemen.  It may not be your cup of tea, but if you love to read and write, you should watch it in its entirety.

3 comments:

Lally said...

loved it, thanks for posting brother

JIm said...

Here are some lies/language that liberals use.
-If you like your plan and your doctor you can keep your plan and doctor.
-Voters are stupid and we had to design Obamacare to deceive voters. Gruber
- I do not know who Gruber is she after introduced and praised him as the designer of Obamacare previously. Pelosi

JIm said...

King Obama has spoken and given us a laws. The US no longer needs a Constitution with checks and balances, because now we have a king and lawgiver.