Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Climate change: Lest you forget

The facts concerning climate change are so conclusive that it's hard to imagine how the right wing tea party crowd can ignore them.  I probably could offer a newspaper, magazine, or television analysis of the problem each day, but I refrain from doing so because I know that I would be preaching to the choir. Nevertheless, occasionally I run across something on the subject that is succinct, informative, and  wryly humorous, which I am compelled to share.  Such is Richard Cohen's wonderful piece in today's WaPo. I love the opening anecdote about the newspaper weather report.

5 comments:

JIm said...

In fact Tom, we have had a cooling trend since the 1930s. Computer models have shown a warming trend, but the actual temperatures have not agreed with the models and have been cooler. Also, contrary to hysteria about Antartica ice, the ice in the south covers the largest area that has ever been measured. The Warmist theory seems to go against the facts.

JIm said...

I recommend the film "America" which I saw yesterday. On the 4th Dinesh D'Sousa will debate Bill Ayers. I can not think of better way to celebrate the Independence Day, than to watch a debate on TV (Kelly File)which will explore the divisions in American political thought, which the 1st Amendment makes and made possible.

Lally said...

worth it just for the opening paragraph alone

JIm said...

Lally is incorrect. It is the Warmists who are deniers of scientific evidence and gratefully the US public is coming to recognize the liberal ignorance.

JIm said...

I thought your warmist readers might be comforted by this report from Antartica.

Coldest Antarctic June Ever Recorded
Posted on July 12, 2014 by Anthony Watts
Story submitted by Eric Worrall

Antarctica continues to defy the global warming script, with a report from Meteo France, that June this year was the coldest Antarctic June ever recorded, at the French Antarctic Dumont d’Urville Station.

PS According to weather forcasts another Polar Vortex is about to hid the Mid West and the Northeast next week.