Monday, February 11, 2013

A new car is always a gas

For the last 10+ years I have been driving a 2003 Toyota Highlander with four-wheel drive.  In the meantime, Eileen has gotten a four-wheel drive Infiniti EX-35, which we are now using to travel to our place in snowy Tahoe/Donner.  So I was driving this big rig around town on a bunch of short trips which made no sense – and it was hard to park and maneuver around narrow city streets.  So we decided to trade it in and get me a quality sub-compact car to goof around town in.  I did a lot of research and found that the Honda Fit is the best car in the sub-compact t category.  It gets 30+ mpg, and yet is very zippy and fun to drive, even on the freeway.  So, last Sunday we traded in the Highlander and got a brand new Honda Fit.  I love it already.  It has a surprising number of “bells and whistles” and while it is missing some that Eileen has on her Infiniti, we must realize that her car is about $20,000 more expensive than my little Fit.  As every American will attest, getting a new car is always a lot of fun, and so it was for me.  I even was able to get the color that I wanted:  “Vortex Blue.”

Here are a couple of shots of the car that I took this afternoon.

DSC01730

DSC01731

1 comment:

L. Weiler said...

we're thinking about getting one, too