Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gas prices & corporate welfare...

Wow, I did not realize that I had not posted on my own blog for a while. I have been writing fairly long comments on other blogs so I have neglected by own.

Anyway, we are back up at the Tahoe/Donner place for a week's vacation. We got here on Friday and we don't have to go home until Sunday!

While we were driving up on Friday we had to stop for gas. The price per gallon? $4.07 for regular. This gets my blood boiling. These tea party party people and the right wing are forever pushing to cut welfare for the poor and disadvantaged who truly deserve it. Yet, they defend (or at least ignore) the huge subsidies that we, that's right WE the tax-payers, shell out to the oil companies. Of course these are the same companies charging over $4.00 a gallon for their product. How can this be justified?

On a more mellow note, I went out snowshoeing the other day after another snow storm. It was cloudy and cold, but truly stunning. Here is a photo I shot that proves it.

2 comments:

Lally said...

Welcome back brother. Great point, and great shot.

JIm said...

It would be a good idea to get rid of all corporate subsidies including ethanol, oil and silly tax credits for Government Motors "Volt". Try driving the Volt in mountain country. Batteries and cold do not go well together. As to the price, Obama's war on American energy development, has not helped. The economic law of supply and demand has not been repealed.