Monday, February 14, 2011

Foodily.com–A cook’s dream site

Hi all.  I just got back from 4 days up at the Tahoe place.  I meant to post something from up there, but I just never got around to it.

My wife Eileen and I love to cook, as do almost all of our friends.  Many a great meal has been shared at our table and we’re not overly modest about it.  Anyway, we are always interested in sites on the Internet dealing with cooking and food.  Well, I just discovered a truly amazing cooking/recipe site: Foodily.  In a nutshell this is a recipe search site that searches every recipe from every web site.  The search results are beautifully displayed with appetizing photos.  For instance, I searched on “lentil soup” and the program returned 488 recipes, with sources ranging from “Williams-Sonoma” to” Serious Eats” to “Love and Olive Oil.”  And, there is an absolutely cool feature that allows you to winnow down your search to exclude recipes containing a certain ingredient, or display only recipes with that ingredient!    Oh, the moniker of the site is distilled from “Food I Love You” or Foodily for short.   

Eat up.

~ Tom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Tom. Lovely post. We hope Foodily can help inspire many a delightful family meal. If you have any feedback, please send it our way.