Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shrewd Obama

I have said that it would be a mistake for Obama to seriously take on the right wing too far in advance of the fall elections. I believe I wrote a post a while back analogizing it to why attorneys never give the other side the trial brief until they are absolutely required to do so. The longer the other side has it before trial, the more they can rebut it or figure out strategies to get around it.

Obama has started his push, as described in E.J. Dionne’s column today. In this excellent column Dion says:

“Suddenly, there's a point to this election. Obama is late to this game, but at least he's finally playing it.”

I agree with the first sentence. I disagree with the second sentence. I think the President knows what he is doing and is right on time. Time to kick some ass.

~ Tom

2 comments:

Lally said...

hope you're right bro and it ain't too late. I would have liked to have seen him hold more press conferences from the beginning and dump Emmanual.

JIm said...

Obama's new jobs message has progressed from " Blame Bush" to "Blame Boehner". Who other, than political junkies,know who Boehner is? I suspect his one remaining card is to "Bomb, Bomb Iran" (or allow Israel to). It is conceivable that that will be the "October Surprise".