Sunday, October 25, 2009

A great Saturday

I am an avid Cal fan:  My late father got his doctor’s degree there, my former wife got her masters there, my daughter got her masters there, my current wife graduated from Cal, my son had a full track scholarship at Cal, and I graduated from Boalt Hall, Cal’s law school.  I’ve had football season tickets for years with my son Jesse and my brother Steve.  Say what you might, but there is nothing like hiking the mile or so up the hill from the BART station, through the beautiful campus, and up to my familiar seats on the 5 yard line.  Saturday was a killer day so I took some pictures to share with you.

DSC01614 

Beginning the walk through campus

DSC01618

The campanile getting its dome spiffed up

DSC01620

Sousaphones on parade

DSC01628

At the gate

DSC01630

About 45 minutes before kick off.

By the way, we beat Washington State 49 – 17.

1 comment:

Lally said...

Hey man, I hate large crowds and huge venues and I don't even watch football anymore. But you made that sound and look so appealing, I totally wish I had been there. Thanks for sharing it.