Monday, July 13, 2009

Props for Sheldon Whitehouse

Lately I have been hearing of lot of interviews of, and comments by, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse. I had never heard of this guy before, but I love to listen to him now that I have discovered him. He is so well spoken and articulate, but his best attribute is to make his point directly, without having to lay down miles of bullshit, equivocation, or “weather vaning.” I am very impressed. So, I was not surprised today to hear him call out the hypocrites of the right on their bogus claim that Sotomayor was an “activist” judge and that the left wants to pack the Supreme Court with “activist” judges who will not follow the constitution. He points out who the real activist judges are! This is some really courageous, strong stuff. Check it out.

Also making similar comments were Dianne Feinstein and Russ Feingold, but not quite as good as the “Whitehouse Edition.”

~ tom

No comments: