Friday, September 26, 2008

Jamie Cullum rules Monterey!

Back from the Festival on Monday. I've been busy, so I have not had a chance to blog before this. I'll try to give a full review of the Festival later, but for now, let me just say that Jamie Cullum, playing during the day on Sunday afternoon, just blew everyone away. I had never heard of him before. The cat just turned 29 years old and literally looks like Elijah Wood playing Frodo in the LOTR movies. But he a prodigious talent and one of the best live performers I've ever seen. At one point he was standing on his grand piano, singing with a wireless mike and accomplished a huge leap off the piano, all the while singing a driving, cooking arrangement of a song he wrote called "Twentysomething." It might sound corny, but you had to be there. And the cat can cover standards like as if he were Sinatra's ghost or Bennett's clone. The hard-core Monterey fans, just went ga ga over him, as did I. This is a very special guy. If you EVER get a chance to see him live, don't pass it up.

Here is the biography page from Jamie's web site.

And, you can, check out the Wiki pages.

Gotta run. The big debate is only three hours away and I have to turn on the TV now to enjoy the "pre-game show."

Go Barack!

No comments: