Friday, December 1, 2006

Waiting for snow at Squaw Valley
































Hey, Eileen and I are waiting for snow! We usually get in 30 - 40 days a year of skiing in, mostly at Squaw Valley where we have season passes. At present, there is not enough snow for quality skiing, but I thought that posting some ski photos might help bring on some serious snow. Also, this is my first attempt posting photos. I haven't figured out how to move the photos around (if that is even possible) or how to order them but I'll keep working on it. In the meantime, I'll just annotate them as they appear.

Top: Eileen, my cousin Paul, and his sons, David and Matt, standing at the top of the Siberia run at Squaw Valley, March 2004. Look to the right of Matt's left shoulder and you can see Lake Tahoe below the far ridge line.

Next: That's me at Park City, Utah, last year.

Next: A shot of a portion of the Squaw Valley ski area taken from the Palisades during the summer of 2003. My son-in-law and I hiked up there on a gorgeous July day. Fools actually jump off these cliffs in the winter!

Bottom: Eileen at Park City, last year

No comments: