Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Cee Lo at Daryl's house

I just can't seem to stay away from Daryl's house ever since my first post on the subject way back in November.  My latest find was Cee Lo Green's visit to the house.  You probably know Cee Lo as part of Gnarls Barkley and their great song "Crazy," which was nominated for a Grammy in 2007.  (More on "Crazy" below.)  Cee Lo and Daryl performed a number of super tunes, and among the best was a cover of Hall & Oates' "I Can't Go For That," which I have always considered a great song.  In the performance at "the house" both Cee Lo and Daryl are singing up a storm and the band is cookin'. Watching the performance puts a smile on my face that stems from the karma exhibited by all the performers, who were obviously enjoying the hell out of the whole session.  You must check this out, and you can do so right here.

And as for "Crazy," I was elated to find that it was included in the performances in the same session.  There is some banter before the beginning of the song that makes it clear that Daryl was really looking forward to performing "Crazy" with Cee Lo.  It turned out to be a great version of a great tune and you can check it out right here.


Oh, and please always remember that these are LIVE performances.

No comments: