Saturday, January 5, 2013

Debt ceiling–Pelosi sides with me…

Recall my post of December 14th, wherein I discussed the President invoking certain 14th Amendment provisions to bypass Congress and hike the debt ceiling.  Hence, I was disappointed today to read  this article.  I applaud  Nancy Pelosi for saying that she would invoke the 14th Amendment “in a second.” But, the article also makes it clear that the White House has rejected that path outright.  Why?  Even it that is their ultimate position, why not keep it in play as an arguably legal and legitimate way to bypass the craven nihilists in the Congress.  Lest you have any doubt about whether they are craven nihilists, read this article.  I’m hoping that if push comes to shove Obama will change his mind and invoke the 14th Amendment.  What say you?

1 comment:

Lally said...

Agree brother. Bad tactic on the part of the White House.