Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The power of music

Recently I fell upon a tune named “Run” by Snow Patrol.  For some reason, it really knocked me out and kept running around in my head off and on for days.  That prompted me to want to learn the guitar chords and sing it myself.  You can listen to the entire song as performed by Snow Patrol here.  Please listen to it before you play the video below so that you will be familiar with the song beforehand.
The following video really demonstrates the power of music and sort blew my mind while increasing my faith that the world is not as bad as it sometimes seems.  I’ve been to many, many live concerts and seen a ton of concert footage, but I have never seen a crowd this large sing along (often just by themselves) in perfect tune.  Amazing and moving.  Dig it.
Snow Patrol is cool and belongs on Birth of the Cool!