Monday, September 7, 2009

This and that …

I’ve been pretty busy over the last week.  So, all I can offer is some random thoughts:

  • Season tickets for many years for University of California football, with my brother Steve and son Jesse.  Season opener was Saturday vs. Maryland.  Cal 52 – Maryland 13!  There is nothing like a college game with 70,000 fans to make you feel young and happy.
  • Running a lot these days with MP3 player on shuffle.  Just realized how good the Dixie Chicks really are after they popped up a few times in the queue.  Also was great to hear some old “Joshua Tree” U2 stuff, in particular “In God’s Country.”
  • Saw “I Love You, Man” on DVD last night.  A very nice “Bro-mance.”  The scenes with Peter (Paul Rudd) and Sydney (Jason Segel) in the “Man Cave” were especially hilarious for me, having been there myself in one form or another back in my younger days. 
  • Still reeling from the season finale of “Rescue Me.”  That was a true stunner.
  • Just received the Criterion Collection, Eclipse Series 6 special edition of “Carlos Saura’s Flamenco Trilogy,” which consists of three discs:  “Blood Wedding,” “Carmen,” and “El Amor Brujo.”  “Carmen” is one of my favorite movies, and probably one of the most sensual and erotic films one could ever see.  The flamenco dancing is arresting, and the likewise the music.  I had been moaning about the fact that Carmen was only available on VCR tape and then I found out about this collection, which I got on Amazon for less then fifty bucks.  I can hardly wait to watch these great movies again, especially Carmen.  

Peace, out.

~tom

No comments: