Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Triple play – no relatives allowed

I don’t quite know how I vibed on this the other day, but I was trying to remember the name of Mary Louise Parker (whom I just love) and I kept thinking of Sarah Jessica Parker, and then got myself to believing (in my old age) that Mary Louise was not a “Parker” and that I was totally confused. This then lead me to remember Posey Parker (absolutely great in “Best of Show” ). By then I was reeling and I had to run to the computer and look up each one to make sure the they all were really “Parker.” Indeed they are, and they are all unrelated.

Since then I have been racking my brain to come up with another example of three unrelated actors (male or female) with the same last name, who are all unrelated. No luck so far. Can you think of any?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Since original posting I have been corrected. It's "Parker Posey." See comments.

2 comments:

Lally said...

I think her name is Parker Posey brother. And I can't think of any threefers, but I did think of Cary Grant and Lee Grant and I'd bet there's another one out there. Among the lesser knowns there's a Mike Lally who played very small parts on TV on a regular basis in the 1960s and '70s and appeared in movies in the decades before that, a Mick Lally who has appeared in movies set in Ireland (he's an Irish stage actor and might be best know for playing he grandfather in The Secret of Roan Inish, one of my favorite flicks) and of course yours truly, which is why I have to act (under union rules so movies I was in before I became a member of SAG are just Michael Lally) with my middle name included, Michael David Lally. So there you have my two cents.

AlamedaTom said...

Dang Lal! You are absolutely right. I made a correction on the original post.