Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kickin' back

We got up to our Tahoe/Donner place on Thursday night. Yesterday my dog and I took a four-mile hike up a little mountain nearby to where there is a privately-owned observatory. I took some pictures, but I will not be able to show them until I get home to my main computer because the card-reader on this laptop is not working.

Today, I just did the Nature Loop that starts just across the highway from our place up here. It's a little over three miles around the loop and is just beautiful even though it is in the middle of the Tahoe/Donner development. There is even an active beaver colony dam and pond along the way. Anyway, I took pictures today with the camera in my cell phone. Enjoy...

Trout Creek from the footbridge at the beginning of the Nature Loop.


The meadow at the beginning of the hike.


The Beaver Pond


Trout Creek, running below the high trail

No comments: