Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Campbell gets her undies in a bunch...

I watched Obama introducing his new appointees on Monday, and was just gassed about how great he and all of them were. Then the questioning began. Soon, a reporter launched into a litany of negative quotes that Obama had made about Hillary during the heated primary campaign and then in essence asked how he could have appointed her, etc. I, and friends I've talked to, thought it was just a "gotcha" type of question, and would be a waste of time for Obama to explain the obvious: that was then, this is now. Instead, Barack pulled a beautiful JFK-type move, chuckling and smiling and saying: "Well, I mean, I think -- this is fun for the press to try to stir up whatever quotes were generated during the course of the campaign. No, I understand. And you're having fun." I understood where he was coming from: "If you want to ask me a question about the serious state of the nation and how Hillary and I are going to move forward to solve the problems, please ask. But if you are just going to have fun stirring up old quotes, then I'm not going to buy into it."

Well, I guess I should have known that the press would be outraged at being called out for doing exactly what they do. Here is Campbell Brown going berzerk. I was gratified to see that most of the comments are in support of Barack, not her.

P.S. I also love the fact that Obama has not called on a Fox News reporter yet in any of his press conferences.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was weird. I love watching Obama answer the stupid questions that are asked in such serious tones.

Lally said...

Totally.