Monday, January 2, 2017

Sinatra could dance too!

Hey all.  We got up here to our Tahoe/Donner place at about noon yesterday.  The drive up was uneventful except for a stretch of pretty heavy fog.  Then, (per the forecast) it started snowing in the late afternoon and snowed all night.  As I look out the window now at around 9 am, I see that it is still snowing fairly hard with no let-up in sight.  Looks like some snowshoeing is going to be in order once the storm has passed.  I'll post some pictures later.

On the the main topic:  I was surfing the channels and ran across a showing of "That's Entertainment 2" and of course got hooked and ended up watching the entirety of what was left.  As part of that, I saw a number with Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly from "Anchors Aweigh" wherein they sang a duet.  But what floored me was that about 1:40 into the number, they broke into a serious dance number with Frank coming amazingly close to dancing as expertly as Gene.  I never thought of Frank as a dancer, but he was terrific in this number. Fortunately, the whole thing is on YouTube.  You gotta check this out.  Leave a comment if you enjoyed it.

No comments: