Saturday, July 2, 2016

Vacation begins..

We are taking about 10 days off and spending them at our place at Tahoe/Donner.  We got up here on Thursday afternoon.  Yesterday, took a little hike on the Nature Trail loop, which I can access by just walking across the road.  It was a warm and mellow day so I took some pictures along the way.  I'll share some of them with you (don't forget to click to enlarge the photos):

Lots of patches of wildflowers along the way....



Over the years we have owned our place the beavers have been extending their ponds.  Here is a shot of their latest effort.


One of my favorite parts of this hike is the boardwalk that allows one to walk through the whole flooded complex of beaver ponds and creeks that are located in the area.  Needless to say, the area is teeming with all sorts of life.



Later on I walk for quite a ways with a beautiful creek running beside me ...


No comments: