Friday, May 27, 2016

Cheap Trick at Daryl's House - Oh hell ya!

The new season of Live at Daryl's House got underway a couple of weeks ago with the first guests being "Cheap Trick."  These guys have been around since 1973 and are still as authentic as can be.  They are old friends of Daryl's and it shows throughout the entire show.  I simply love watching Rick Neilsen on guitar.  He is the ultimate hip old dude.  And Robin Zander still kills the lead vocals.  The whole show was a true delight, with lots of banter and a plethora of great performances.  But to my mind, the best thing of all was a mind blowing performance of "Heaven Tonight."  I've played it over and over and am still sort of freaking out over how arresting it is -- it just grabs me from start to finish, with my high-point being Daryl's brief, but amazing vocal riff at about 5:25 into the track.  You gotta check out Heaven Tonight right here.  If you've got good speakers or a set of good head phones by all means crank up the volume.  I'm guessing that you may play this over at least once more.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

L. Weiler said...

Thanks to your tip, I just listened/watched, Tom. Great stuff!

AlamedaTom said...

Len, glad you dug it. Those senior dudes still bring it.

T.