Saturday, September 13, 2014

Successful surgery (and check out the hardware!)

Hey all:

The surgery yesterday was a total success.  Even though I am sore and have some pain because of the new incision to remove the hardware, it is not nearly at the level it was after the primary surgery on May 30th.  And, I could immediately feel the difference of having the plate and screws removed.  I feel great and am pretty sure I'll be totally recovered in a couple of weeks.

The doc was kind enough to give me the plate and the seven screws that I was carrying around inside my shoulder for 3-1/2 months.  I was shocked at the size of the plate, but what really sort of freaked me out was the size of the screws, which of course were screwed into my actual collar bone.  Having seen them, I can see why they refer to the plate and screws as "hardware!"  I realized I could share this with you by photographing the hardware.  Here it is.

                                                                                                                                   

2 comments:

Lally said...

ain't it amazing that we lived long enough to experience these medical wonders? the screws and titanium plate in my skull will never (hopefully) be taken out, and I can feel them! Happy it went well brother...

stallion said...

delspoAnother ordeal successfully completed. Congrats!
I know how enthused you can get especially when it comes to exercise. Please be careful!