Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A great Sunday walk

I’ve said it before on this blog, but I am so grateful to be able to live where I live.  Our house is a block away from the San Francisco Bay and there many paths to walk, and sights to see.  Aside from the lure of the Bay, our development (Harbor Bay Isle) sports a large, beautiful lagoon system, with bike and pedestrian paths alongside.

On Sunday, we walked down the largest lagoon, which runs over a mile and a half from the Harbor Bay shopping center all the way the the San Francisco Bay near the ferry terminal.  We only went down about about 3/4 of a mile and then walked back, but it was certainly a beautiful walk.  (I have travelled the full distance as part of a  four-mile loop I sometimes jog around.)  Here are some pictures I took along the way.  Be sure to click to enlarge.

DSC01784

Near the start of the lagoon.

DSC01785

One of several curves.

DSC01786

Much further along the way.  Keep going and you will eventually come to the Bay.

DSC01787

One of many foot bridges across the lagoon.

Yep, I’m a luck guy.

1 comment:

Lally said...

I remember visiting you there and how beautiful it was. Lycky man.