Friday, June 10, 2011

“Maroon” II

In my last post I observed that Bill Clinton and Anthony Weiner were “Maroons,” in the parlance of Bugs Bunny, for getting themselves into sexual imbroglios.  My friend Michael Lally commented that indeed they were Maroons, but that: “they weren't thinking, that's the reality, they were impulsing.”
This got me to remembering the classic Lenny Bruce riff on this whole subject.  I dug it out and listened to it and sure enough, Lenny pretty much nails it.  What is really interesting, as you will hear, is that he actually uses the word “moron” several times.  According to the Urban Dictionary, Bugs’ use of “Maroon” is a mispronunciation of “moron.”  Anyway, enjoy the late, great Lenny Bruce riffing on the subject.

1 comment:

Lally said...

Tom, what a kick to hear that aain after all these years. Man, he was so ahead of his time. Thanks brother for posting it.