Thursday, May 21, 2009

E.J. to the rescue

I have been wrestling with "past vs. present" dilemma that our President is facing. He wants desperately to actually get some serious shit done while he's at the helm (save our tanking economy, health care, reducing the deficit) , but he is being diverted by calls for him to wallow personally in the past. To me it's like he is an ER doc with a patient who is bleeding out from a gunshot wound received from another gang banger. You save the guy first, then you go after his assailant. Moreover, you, being the doc, turn it over to the police and stick with your job of seeing that your patient eventually walks out of the hospital, healed and whole.

I was thinking of how I could blog all of these thoughts, but I was having a hard time doing so. Fortunately, E.J. Dionne in his WA PO column today comes pretty close.

~ Tom

1 comment:

Lally said...

I read it and have to say, your short summary was clearer, more concise and better written in my opinion.