Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back from Tahoe

We were up at the Tahoe place again for 5 days. We only got in one day of skiing because we had heavy snow with big winds at Squaw Valley and other resorts. This made it difficult if not impossible to get to Squaw Valley, and even if we had gotten there, almost all of the lifts were closed because of wind and lack of visibility.

Anyway, the snow was welcome in that we have gone through the driest January in recorded history, and there was hardly any snow left to ski on. And, it was great to just sit around the house and read and watch movies, with occasional forays out on snowshoes with Spenser, my dog. I didn't even have the inclination or energy to post to this blog.

We got three feet or more of snow. The snow was so deep that Spenser had to let me break a trail with the snowshoes (hard work!) and follow behind me. Anyway, I'm back and will try to post more often. In the meanwhile here are some pictures.

Spenser looking out of an upstairs window.
I wonder what he is looking at?



Yep. He's looking at one of the family of rabbits who have
their warren just below the window.



A shot while snowshoeing after one of the storms.