Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My latest audio production

I have been wanting to to get back into putting together some audio productions for some of the things that bounce around in my head.  I decided to set up a digital audio workstation (DAW) on my very fast Sony Vaio laptop so that I would not be tied down to my desktop computer and its M-Audio sound board.  I already have a very good condenser mic.  So what I needed was to buy a digital audio interface to bridge between the mic and my laptop running Mixcraft 6 software.  I decided on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, which I now have in operation.  In the picture below, it is the red  doo-dad on the right – laptop and mic also evident.

DSC01794

I finished my first project on a subject that has been rattling around in my brain.  You can listen to it here.  Let me know what you think.  I hope to produce more of these in the coming months.

2 comments:

Lally said...

Nice work Willy. May I suggest checking out what it made me think of? The opening of Bill Haley's Rock Around The Clock in the opening credits of BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, military drum rolls then release into early rock'n'roll/rockabilly.

Jesse Wilson said...

Willy! Very cool - I like your choice of music there. The Audioslave track is a good one. It made me think of the Metallica song 'One'. Very cool build using the drums - Classic! Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw

Keep up the postings!!

Jesse