Thursday, January 26, 2012

91% approve SOTU!

I knew that the President gave a great State of the Union address.  However, I was worried that the general public might have thought it was too long, or too detailed, or too combative, or too timid, or whatever.

Thus, I was surprised and elated when I saw that a CBS poll taken after the address showed that 91% of the general public approved of the proposals that the President put forth in the speech.  That of course means that a mere 9% disapproved.  I can’t remember when I saw such lopsided numbers in a poll.  This must be blowing the minds of the Republicans and the Right.  But it makes me even more disturbed about the Right’s voter suppression schemes masquerading as legitimate legislation to curb actual voter fraud.  I have discussed this in detail in a prior post.  As I see it, keeping people from voting is about the only way left for the right wing to defeat the President. 

1 comment:

JIm said...

I assume that in your view, unions are unfair to require a picture id for their elections.